Recent VC Hauls
Nuff said. Congrats to OM.
One of the reasons why I do a blog post every other week instead of every week is the slow trickle of VC figures. I may get one or two at a time, and then there's time to take pics, write a review, etc. The other reason is Disqus doesn't like when I post the direct link in my comments. But, the last few weeks have seen me get six, yes, six new figures! Including 2 I'm using as "troop builders". One of those six I intend to use as a custom, but if the parts I want to use can't work, then I'll keep it as is.
In the Lagniappe Section I have a "What if" for Star Trek The Next Generation and talk about the return of Toys R Us, and conveniently what isn't mentioned about what they're going to sell.
RECENT VC HAULS
1. Clone Luke (Luuke) Skywalker
I was worried in the original photos shown, as it showed Clone Luke, aka Luuke with the wrong lightsaber. I used to mock people who griped about Darth Vader's chest buttons being painted the wrong color from a particular movie, and on a specific movie card. NERDS!!! But he comes with the correct Skywalker lightsaber. Hasbro milks the Ben Kenobi sculpt once again, there's a live action Sebastian Shaw Anakin that celebrates the POTF2 live action Anakin thats also out now, I havent gotten it. Yet. One thing that disappoints me, before I open the figure, is that it isn't like the Sixer version that has Clone Luke/Luuke in a proper Jedi outfit.
But after reading the comic adaptation, this is accurate to the outfit Luke wore. So the Sixer isn't comic accurate, the VC one is. Take that, Sixer Scum! I do see he has the same boot issue as ROTS Obi-Wan, and the legs could be reused for a possible Jedi Luke, but would need new knees and boots. I thought it would have Dagobah Luke legs, and I also thought we'd win last night so thinking isn't my strength at the moment. Good figure, though.
2. Bodhi Rook
This card is just perfect. A still shot from the movie. But it took 10 years to get the entire Rogue One crew, and that's unacceptable. I never found the 5 POA one, so I only have the Sixer Bodhi. He's got a Rebel blaster with a carrying strap, and the communication gear his 5 POA figure had. Based on some of the reviews I've seen, shout out to MAKMCSWF, some of the 5 POA Bodhi figure (vest, accesory) is reused so it's not technically a fully newly tooled figure.
Not a bad figure out of the package. I had some slight problems putting on the backpack, but I figured out a way to do it. I won't display him with it on, once you see my review of him you'll understand why. But I like him better than Baze, so he'll get reviewed soon. Like MAKMCSWF, I could seen an Imperial Engineer, Technician and TIE Fighter Pilot out of this buck, with some tweaks to the lower legs of course.
3. Devon Izara
I only bought this figure to do a possible custom for Jedi Leia. Her lower body could easily be reused for an Endor Leia, with new boots of course. If I can't use her for the custom, she'll go in my Prequel bin. And ignore the figures on top, I needed to make space to take pictures.
4. Embo
Aside from the updated Din Djarin, Embo was my most anticipated figure from The Mandalorian and Grogu movie. In the BanthaSkull review, I was shocked that the Clone Wars Embo has a better paint look, although I have only seen the movie once, so I'm under the assumption that Embo is as he was in the movie. He comes with his crossbow, broken crossbow pieces, and swappable hands.
Opening him up, the hat stays on better than the CW version. His hands have the ones that can hold the crossbow pieces, and the ones that hold the crossbow itself are the ones you need to swap. Which is easy, by the way. I'm definitely covering him in a future blog post.
5. Mercenary Droid
My most anticipated figures because they're troop builders, and serve as the basis for the upcoming Super Battle Droids. I like the card image, and the packaging is good. If the figure prices weren't at $20, I would get several more. Maybe if clearance hits. But I'd like to see the other ones based off the B1 and K-2SO get into the VC.
But on opening both figures, I had no trouble moving all the joints. Except the left knees on both figures were super tight. So I'll need to get some water boiled. I can move it around, but they can't bend. The right knee, both elbows, they're okay. I dig the paint apps, and the plastic cape fits the droid very well. I'll cover this figure in a later blog post.
LAGNIAPPE SECTION
1. Keeping with the Star Trek 60th, I saw some people on YouTube post a better idea for the ending of ST:TNG, and it would be Riker becoming Captain with Picard getting a promotion. But I guess they didn't want to go the Kirk route, yet, with Picard. And speaking of Kirk, I would find Generations watchable if Picard had pulled a duplicate Kirk out of the Nexus, and once Soran was stopped, Kirk vanishes. We then see Kirk in the Nexus, and greeting his son David, and living the life of happiness that James T Kirk deserves, while keeping him alive, and opening the possibility that Kirk could exit the Nexus one day. That would be better, in my opinion.
2. Toys R Us is back! 120 new stores are expected to open, with a focus on malls and strip malls. None of the articles give details on where the stores will open, or if they'll be seasonal stores for Christmas. Mattel has committed some products to them, Hasbro hasn't as of yet. I hope one is near me because the TRU at Macy's is depressing. At least the one near me is. Yours may actually be good. Like the Ross Store that Disqus commentor ShipGirlLover shops at. Everything is there.
3. This was going to be a blog post itself, but I have some Halo ideas for the HasLab's. Since the Ghost has barely had support, they get two. So without further ado:
Barge: Jedi Luke, Huttslayer Leia, Shasa Tiel (no clue who she is, but she's an Ishi Tib alien. That's all I know, and collectors want her action figure)
Ghost part 1: S1/S2 Ezra, Old Man Rex, Ahsoka
Ghost part 2: Rebel Agent Kallus, Sabine with a freaking jetpack, AP-5
Cantina: Bo Shek, Leesub Sirln, Ackmena
Gunship: Mace Windu, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Clone Commando
Now for the Razor Crest, I have an idea. One that Legends fans will possibly like. Since their Carbonite blocks were made for the Crest, it's only fair to have Rik Duel, Dani and Chihdo made for the Crest. They originally appeared in the Vintage Marvel Star Wars comics, so that's their Legends tie in. Win/win.
Thanks for reading! A special thanks to Chris and Nomad at BanthaSkull for allowing me to post this in the comments section! Please share this link on your social media accounts so I can get more readers!






Comments
Post a Comment