HasLab Support Wish List
Without a HasLab on the horizon for delivery next year, Hasbro's plans for the Vintage Collection for 2027 is going to be different. So, this gives Hasbro an opportunity to catch up on supporting HasLab's already completed. Which is good, especially with one of the previous campaigns that has gotten little to next to nothing. In the Lagniappe Section I'll explain why one figure I planned on reviewing isn't going to happen for a while. My rule for this list is an emphasis on who was physically interacting with the ships or place itself. So, without further introductions...
1. JABBA'S SAIL BARGE
The 1st Star Wars HasLab kinda limped over the finish line, and I believe adding a POTF carded YakFace figure was what put it over the top. While getting some immediate attention from Hasbro, they have played a long game in support of this. The Desert Skiff, Skiff Guard Packs, Jabba's Goons pack, and figures like YakFace and Weequay repacks have helped build this out. But there are still figures needed for building out the Sail Barge. Some are Mains, some aren't. I want to focus more on who was on the Barge, and not the Skiffs. So no Lando, no Han or Chewbacca. So who is needed?
Mains
1. C-3PO. He's badly needed on a Star Wars card, and we need him to be brand new. But, if Threepio had a swappable head with a missing eye to re-enact his escape from the Barge before Luke blew it up.
2. Huttslayer (Slave) Leia Organa. This has been requested by VC collectors for YEARS. It's one of Leia's iconic outfits, and made a lot of young boys think differently about girls, me included. She got a Legacy Collection figure repacked in VC 1.0 as Sandstorm Leia from the deleted scenes, as shown on the 2011 Blu Ray release. With the good job Hasbro has done on sculpts, this one could be a home run. And it also opens up the door for Oola to be made.
3. R2-D2. While I'm okay with the Build-A-Droid astromech buck currently used for R2, well, it can't exactly hold Luke's lightsaber hilt. VC 1.0 had an R2 that could "launch" Luke's unlit hilt. The Sixer R2 has an interesting feature where raising the dome allows you to store his tools, and even store Luke's hilt. Or his telescope. If they can shrink that down, somehow, that would be great. I'd honestly be just as happy if they retool the dome to allow it to hold an unlit lightsaber hilt. Anakin had the same idea in Clone Wars, so they could use it again for that one day.
4. Jedi Luke. While VC 175 is one of my favorite VC cards, the figure just hasn't aged well. It was good for 2011, and retooled for 2023, but by then it was showing its age. Luke needs barbell hips to better re-enact his acrobatics, and needs to be able to do a THWG. I'd like Luke to come with an extra hand that has blaster damage to it. Luke also needs his lightsaber, and if they don't release R2 with the hilt, the unlit hilt. No need for the robe, and he would need a card image on the Barge. Kinda like this:
5. Boba Fett. He would be a repack, and anytime Boba is released he makes money for Hasbro. Put a new card image, say his jetpack firing up as he intends to fly to the Skiff, or his watching R2 roll away as Jabba wants to hear his prisoners beg for their lives.
Random Aliens/Humans
I think Hasbro has done enough here. But, I have one all new request they make. Plus I'll name a couple other figures needed.
1. Ree Yees. While his older figure isn't bad, it just needs a couple tweaks. Like non swivel hips. A better head sculpt would be nice, especially if they go for his POTF2 facial expression.
2. Fozec.
I have no clue who he is. But BanthaSkull commentors say he's needed. And that he would sell. Okay. Whatever.
3. Laudica.
Women who wear skintight outfits intrigue me. Why? Because they can't exactly hide a weapon. I don't know if she made it to the Barge, but she was definitely in Jabba's Palace.
2. THE RAZOR CREST
Much like the Sail Barge, Hasbro has done a good job filling this ship out. But, that doesn't mean that there aren't missing figures. One I'm not too wild about anymore, but she's on a lot of collectors March Madness and LFS lists. And this is one HasLab campaign I regret passing on.
1. Frog Lady. She might need to be deluxe since she'd come with her egg tank. But since she's smaller, she might not be a deluxe figure. She isn't my first choice, but I'm putting her here for those who want her.
2. Migs Mayfeld (prison break). Chapter 6, The Prisoner had one of the coolest plots in the series: a prison break in. We got Migs from Chapter 15, but now we need a proper S1 Migs. With all his guns.
3. Q9-0. With a new Threepio buck, they could easily do this figure. Zero actually flew the Crest, and I'm surprised he has yet to get a VC figure.
4. Burg. Clancy Brown is known as The Kurgen in the original Highlander movie, stealing every scene he was in on Cowboys and Aliens, plus was the voice of Ryder Azadi in Rebels, portrayed the live action Ryder for Ahsoka, and was also the voice of Lex Luthor on Superman The Animated Series. When I read a Superman comic, I read Lex and hear his voice. Burg was the muscle on the break in, and a Devaroninan.
5. Xi'an. She was the last of the prison break in crew. She did date Din Djarin, so she's got a history with him. Plus, I like Twi'Lek's. Even if she would be all stabby. She needs her knives, and this could give Hasbro a reason to recycle parts of Merrin's buck. Her brother, Qin wouldn't be a bad idea to make for part of a 2 pack, but I want Xi'an more, either way.
6. Peli Motto. She's my most requested figure yet to be made from the Mandalorian series, and there are several ways to use her. First, from when she repaired the Crest, or packed in with her cart from Book Of Boba Fett. Or, she can come in as part of a Cantina HasLab pack. She's needed to help round out the Crest. I'd be happy if they used the Rose Tico buck here, as I am using that for my custom attempt. But I could see Osha's legs being re-used here too.
7. Pit Droids. Now, if they go standard release route, we could get one or two in a standard card with some tools. Or, if there's a landing bay diorama playset, the Pit Droids could be included, and also get a standard card release. I feel like there some options here, and honestly, if they're making this a new sculpt, it makes the most sense to put out multiple versions.
3. THE GHOST
If there is a regret I have at the moment, it's backing The Ghost. I thought it would be the only way to get Rebels figures, and while we have gotten some Ghost crew figures, it just hasn't been enough. We are getting a S1/S2 Hera, but there are so many figures needed, and not just from Rebels, either.
1. S1/S2 Ezra Bridger. We have Zeb, and we have Hera coming soon, plus Kanan. We don't have the smaller Ezra before his growth spurt in S3. He needs his lightsaber/stun blaster as well.
2. S1 & S2 Sabine Wren. Sabine changed her looks from season to season, and since she uses the Bo Katan buck, it's easy money to do 2 different repaints.
3. Old Man Rex. He commanded The Ghost a couple times, plus once he appeared in S2 he was in the rest of the series. I would prefer his standard S2 look, and they can do his "Nik Sant" look from the final season as well.
4. Rebel Agent Kallus. We have him as an Imperial Agent, but he defected and joined the Alliance. AKA "Sexy Kallus", he flew the Ghost with Rex while the main crew went to Lothal in the final season.
5. Ahsoka Tano. When the Mandalore Ahsoka came out, I felt a simple repaint could give us a Rebels version. I don't think that anymore. But if they go the repaint route, she needs barbell hips, because Mandalore Ahsoka can't fit in any of the Ghost cockpit seats since she flew the Ghost in the S1 finale. But more importantly Ahsoka is needed so she can duel...
6. Darth Vader. All he needs is a new helmet sculpt on the Dark Times buck. It's one of Hasbro's best figures ever, and I think a Rebels version of Vader would be a money making venture for Hasbro. I could see a deluxe version that comes with a battle damaged helmet, although they would have to damage the right side as that's where Ahsoka slashed Vader's helmet to confirm what she had suspected: that Anakin had become Darth Vader
7. Jacen Syndulla. He's Kanan's son with Hera, and he had a big role in the Ahsoka series, plus in the Rebels finale he's seen in the Ghost with Hera.
8. Maul. He took over the Ghost in S3, and nearly succeeded in eliminating the crew. Plus, he could be part of a 2 pack with a certain Jedi Master to re-enact their final duel. I'd be happy with a Maul/Kenobi Twin Suns 2 pack.
9. Seventh Sister. She's a red blade. Plus her voice was done by Sarah Michelle Gellar, aka Mrs Freddie Prinze, Jr, and he of course, voiced Kanan. She would need her weird probe droid too.
10. Fifth Brother. He partnered with the Seventh Sister in hunting the Ghost crew, mainly Kanan and Ezra.
11. Saw Gerrera. He was on The Ghost in S3, and he was kinda nuts then too. But he should be in a 2 pack with...
12. Klik-Klak. He is a Geonosian Survivor, protecting the last Queen egg of the Geonosian species, which he should come with.
13. Fenn Rau. Yeah, another Mandalorian figure. But he played an important role in the 2nd and 3rd seasons, plus he did spend some time on The Ghost.
14. AP-5. R2-D2 has C-3PO to team up with. The only droid Chopper didn't hate was AP-5. If he had voice chip that could play his song while he was exiled in outer space briefly, that would be great (not really, just being sarcastic. Maybe.). He kinda disappeared in S4 though and I'd like to know why. But if we do get a new protocol droid buck, he only needs a new head and purple paint job.
15. Lando Calrissian. Billy Dee Williams came back to voice a younger Lando. I'd be okay with some kitbashing here, as Lando hasn't quite become the Baron of Cloud City yet. Plus Hera punched his groin (take that, Nomad!). For good reason. He also appeared in 2 Rebels episodes, reason enough to get a figure.
16. Leia Organa. Leia's only appearance is one of the highlights of S2. Plus she's in a McQuarrie designed outfit. I'd like to see some McQuarrie designed characters make their way into the VC, if it weren't for Ralph McQuarrie's artwork, we wouldn't have had Star Wars.
17. Mon Mothma. This is a must. However, she's a boring figure. Which is why she needs to be part of a 2 pack. But, if you watched the show, the Rebel Alliance Declaration is given in the cockpit of The Ghost. But her 2 pack partner needs to be someone else collectors want.
18. Gold Leader (Jon Vander). While I doubt we get a Y-Wing anytime soon, Gold Squadron helped cover Mon Mothma's escape from Coruscant which was seen on Andor. Jon met his final fate in the Death Star trench because of Vader. But he played a pivotal role in the episode, and makes more sense to pack in Gold Leader than Erskin Semaj, in my opinion. So he's the 2nd figure packed with Mon.
It should be noted that Hasbro has confirmed a Ghost multipack is coming soon. So that's good. But I hope they repack the Mural Card figures on standard VC cards. I don't want to open mine. There are also a couple other figures I left out like Hondo, Vizago, and Azmorigan, who I doubt would get made due to him being very, very fat.
4. THE CANTINA
Despite getting a lot of support, there are still some weirdos needed to fill it out. I'll do my best to add images so you have a face to put to the names.
1. Ackmena. I have wanted a Bea Arthur action figure for quite some time. I'm amazed that Femputer for Futurama doesn't have an official one. But since we are getting Chalmun, why not someone from the infamous Holiday Special?!
2. Rycar Ryjard. Disqus commentor Lobot Boy Summer advocates for this figure as often as possible in the BanthaSkull comments section. He gets the nod over a few other unmade Cantina patrons.
3. Bo Shek. He introduced Chewbacca to Ben Kenobi. Plus if he gets made, it opens the door for Space Dude (yellow suit and space helmet) and the core for a brand new Bossk. I can't believe he hasn't been made yet, as he's essential for the Cantina scene.
4. Jenny.
This one is a deep dive, but in a deleted scene, Han Solo had company in his booth. They smooch as Ponda Baba and Dr Evazan get their asses handed to them by Ben Kenobi.
5. Debnoli.
I have to admit, Disqus Commenter CJ, aka Dustin on BanthaSkull, who has filled in for Chris and Nomad lately, has done a great job. He uses Debnoli as his avatar, and if this figure ever gets made I'm naming him CJ in his honor.
6. EV-9D9. She worked the bar in The Mandalorian, after her droid assignment/torture career ended after Leia killed Jabba The Hutt. She needs to be able to bend her elbows (note the plural form), Hasbro!
5. THE GUNSHIP
This is going to be a mix up. There are Multipacks that are needed, in addition to single figures. And remember, the Gunship also appeared in Clone Wars and Revenge of the Sith, so there are a LOT of figures that could see the light of day because of this HasLab.
1. Yoda. He leads the Clones into battle in AOTC, and the rumor is we are getting Yoda fairly soon. I hope he is getting a brand new sculpt because the one we have doesn't have enough articulation.
2. Mace Windu. Now I'll tick some people off, but I'm fine with a repack or partial tool (barbell hips). Especially since he could be repacked on a Clone Wars and Revenge of the Sith card.
3. Ki-Adi-Mundi. In AOTC, he's evacuated on the same Gunship with Mace Windu. And it's been so long since he has gotten a figure, I resort to using his concept art version as the definitive Ki-Adi.
4. Destroyer Droids. Troops on the Gunship need something to shoot at. We are getting new B1 & B2 Battle Droids, so we also need new Destroyers as well. They'd have to be deluxe due to their size, and I'd like a transformed version to "roll" into battle.
5. Phase II Clonetroopers. Just like the recent Phase I 4 pack, we need a 4 pack of these guys. Just like with the Phase I's they shouldn't have removable helmets.
6. Plo Koon (Clone Wars). Plo led his troops into battle in the show, often on a Gunship. Plus his AOTC version stinks and I want a animated version of him.
7. General Grievous (Microseries). One of the best action scenes in all of Star Wars animation is when the Clones swoop in to rescue the Jedi trapped by Grievous and his droid forces. I feel a brand new Grievous figure will come one day, so repainting it to match the Microseries look shouldn't be too difficult.
8. Kit Fisto. Either from AOTC or Clone Wars. I don't care.
9. Aayla Secura. Aayla needs a new sculpt, but if they do a partial tool, she needs barbell hips.
LAGNIAPPE SECTION
1. To match the negative mood that many VC collectors have, I have decided to postpone indefinitely my review of the deluxe Baze Malbus figure. I can't get a decent THWG, his ammo belt pops out, which I don't like either. As a figure (sculpt, paint apps, articulation) I like it. But poor accessory interaction irritates me with a $20 base price VC figure. At $28, I'm pissed off. Rather than be negative, I'd rather wait to cover it, if I even do decide to cover it. I do have a possible fix for the ammo belt, though. I'd rather blog about something positive instead of negative, unless it's bashing the sequels. And after seeing what JJ had planned for episodes 8 & 9 originally (Luke and Leia survived the trilogy) it just reminds me how Darth Ruin badly fumbled his "perfect movie".
2. Fan fiction update, chapter 2 is up, and I have started chapter 3. I hope to have it up at the end of the month. The link to the 2nd chapter is below:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/88671766/chapters/238159041#workskin
3. Waiting on my Clonetrooper 4 pack to arrive....it was supposed to be here Friday. I am worried about some reports of discoloration of the mid section, but if that's the case I'll head swap with my removable helmet versions. Easy fix. But I hope it doesn't come to that.
4. I hope to have a couple customs ready for my next blog post in 2 weeks. I'm working on a Sabine Wren custom, and looking to complete my Starkiller custom soon. I hope. Once college football kicks off, I won't have any time whatsoever to devote to making customs.
5. I'm rewatching the Andor series from the beginning. And then once done I plan on watching Rogue One. I'd like to see if it enhances my enjoyment for Rogue One, and if I should add it to my rewatches of Lucas Era Films. I'm not a fan of Disney Star Wars as you may know, but I appreciate Andor and the 1st 2 Mandalorian seasons as well as the Rogue One movie when it comes to live action. As far as the Blu Ray for the Mandalorian & Grogu movie, that might be a purchase. Honestly, I'd rather have the Masters of the Universe Blu Ray, as I enjoyed that movie more.
6. Target seems to stock the VC, Wal-Mart doesn't. But I did find an Obi-Wan/Clonetrooper 2 pack at one. I was shocked! I preordered the Anakin/Cody 2 pack, which should ship out on the 17th. Unlike Obi-Wan, Hasbro got the memo on Anakin's right wrist. The Obi-Wan knees look awful though. Once I review Anakin, you'll see why. And yes, I'll review the Anakin, comparing this release to the Anakin 3 pack figure a year ago.
Thanks for reading! A special thanks to Chris and Nomad at BanthaSkull for allowing me to post this in the comments section! Please share this link on your social media accounts so I can get more readers!





Comments
Post a Comment