Black Series Starkiller Review

 As I wind down and conclude my foray as a Filthy Sixer, I thought it would be good to cover an interesting figure, and one that I would like to see in the Vintage Collection, Starkiller AKA Galen Marek. Now the VC has a decent figure already, but honestly it could use an update. However, I was disappointed with this figure. Not disappointed enough to turn around and sell it, but disappointed that for the price, it lacks accessories. And don't give me that "You should have bought the deluxe Comic Con exclusive!" argument! If I'm paying $25 for a figure, that damn thing better have some extras! 


SCULPT & ARTICULATION




That head sculpt alone looks exactly like Sam Witwer! On that part they nailed the likeness down. The head sculpt was one of the knocks I had on the VC Starkiller. The plastic skirt doesn't inhibit the leg articulation as much as I had thought it would. He can get into some decent poses, as you can see in the photos above. One thing I don't like is the bloody arm, as you can see above. I may paint over that to hide some of the battle damage this figure has. I would have preferred this figures outfit to not have any damage, but I guess Hasbro wanted something to differentiate this figure from the VC version. And since I'm not a gamer, I guess this is how he looked in the first Force Unleashed game. But there aren't any paint flaws on this sample. 

Starkiller has the same articulation points as a VC figure at 17 POA. While he lacks thigh swivels, he does have a great range of motion. No tight joints, so he's easy to pose. His balance is also great, as my display is geared more towards 3.75 figures than 6 inch figures. I can easily stand him up, and not worry about him falling over. Check out the kneeling photo below, it only took a few seconds for me to set up!


ACCESSORY




The Convention exclusive came with extra lightsabers and both blue and red blades. The single version only comes with a single red bladed lightsaber. I have a loose blue blade, but didn't feel comfortable swapping out the red blade as it's in there tight. For $25 I would expect some other things, at the very least he should have come with another lightsaber. He has multiple areas on his belt where he can store extra lightsabers. This could be something a future Sith Lord Starkiller could take advantage of, maybe. My Vader duel set up was nice, I should have had him duel Rebels Ahsoka, but I really like the final photo above, shows off that Force push! 

FINAL THOUGHTS 

Not a bad figure, despite my complaints. I'm looking to get his blue lightsabers from some eBay sellers who make custom lightsabers for this scale of figures. I've even got a good custom yellow bladed lightsaber for Rey, so I have some hope that Starkiller can get what's truly his. If you loved The Force Unleashed this is a good figure to get, but hopefully Juno Eclipse is also in the future plans, as is the droid, Proxy. But a figure from a popular game is available to get, but now you will have to pay eBay prices to get him, or hope an Amazon seller has him at a fair price. So if you can get him: do it! 


Thanks for reading! Please share this link on your social media accounts so I can get more readers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing