The Five VC Figures Needing An Update

 The Cantina HasLab more or less dominated my blog for well over a month. I'll go back to that later on, especially when Hasbro shows off the new ANH Mains (Luke, Ben, Han & Chewbacca). But what to do for a blog post? A while back I took a bunch of pictures of some figures, even photos of the VC Professor Huyang action figure, which I will do today as well. And I have a lot of pictures of Black Series figures, but I'll save them for slow times. On a Black Series note, I just got the shipping notice from Pulse that The Last Command 4 pack is shipping. Another option would be to dunk on The Acolyte, but that's a YouTube thing. My take is the plot actually was good, the execution though was bad. But I hope Sol isn't the only Jedi we get from that show in the VC. But what to do? Well I took some pictures of some VC figures that need some slight upgrades in order to be definitive. And the good news for Hasbro it won't be too difficult to do, at least for a couple of these figures anyway..


THE FIVE




Not a bad group of figures, actually. But they all have something in common: they all need upgrades. From left to right: Jyn Erso, Sabine Wren  Light Cruiser Luke Skywalker, Mandalore Maul & Mandalore Ahsoka Tano. I'll do these in order of the pictures. 


1. Jyn Erso



Needs: Brand new head sculpt and new right hand. 


First, Jyn needs a brand new head sculpt. I doubt photo real could save it  Like OT stars Mark Hamill & Harrison Ford, Hasbro hasn't been able to get a decent head sculpt of Felicity Jones. The next thing Jyn needs is a new right hand. As you can see in the pictures she can't hold her pistol straight. Other than those 2 issues, Jyn isn't a bad figure. Despite having the old ball socket hips, it isn't difficult to put her in a seating pose. Since both the 3.75 Black Series and VC Jyn peg warmed, I would like to see this upgrade come as part of a 2 pack or a 4 pack of Rogue One figures. Or better yet be a Fan Channel exclusive. 


2. Sabine Wren (Ahsoka)



Needs: Swappable helmet, jetpack. 


What stands out most with Sabine is the over sized removable helmet. Even worse was making this a deluxe figure and not even giving her a jetpack, despite sharing a buck with Bo Katan. The back hole is filled in on this figure. The best Sabine figure is coming on the Mural Card which was only offered on Hasbro Pulse and is sold out. Sabine needs a swappable helmet, and a jetpack. One custom feature I'm considering is placing a magnet on her back and take my spare Bo Katan figure so I can put a magnet on the jetpack and paint the helmet myself. But I'd rather Hasbro do it since I'd have to give her a paint job that isn't screen accurate. 


3. Light Cruiser Luke Skywalker 


Needs: Barbell hips


I had high expectations of this figure when it came out. Yes, it uses the same upper body as Sandstorm Luke from 2011. But from the waist down, it's newly sculpted legs. If Hasbro had spent money to give this figure barbell hips instead of the same 2011 ball socket hips with swivel thighs added to it, this would have been the best Luke Skywalker VC figure ever made. Not to mention Hasbro could go back to the enhanced sculpt to make a Home One or Emdor Reveal Luke as he was dressed like this for both scenes in ROTJ. But the upcoming VC ANH Luke Skywalker is said to share the same sculpt as the new 6 inch Black Series Luke so that one may be the best ever VC Luke made. For now. 


4. Mandalore Maul 


Needs: Barbell hips. 


Do you see a trend? From the waist up, an amazing figure. From the waist down, limited. This figure (along with LC Luke & Ahsoka) remind me of the 3 POA 6 inch figures which only have upper body movement. Which is a shame since you can't easily pose Maul from the Clone Wars series finale in excellent combat poses. Fun fact: they used motion capture on Ray Park to get Maul's moves in that duel. And this figure just feels like a wasted effort. This figure looks easier to give Barbell hips to than LC Luke, so it could be done. And then Hasbro could use the new hips and legs to make an Old Master Maul (who would need a new upper body sculpt) or better yet a brand new Darth Maul from The Phantom Menace. 


5. Mandalore Ahsoka Tano 


Needs: Barbell hips, Realistic head sculpt


Like Mandalore Maul, Mandalore Ahsoka cannot easily be posed into some of her combat stances as seen in the Clone Wars finale. This is a good figure, but action poses are difficult. But, with an actress portraying Ahsoka in the Ahsoka series from this scene, Hasbro may have an excuse to upgrade this figure from head to toe. Another plus for Hasbro would be repainting the improved figure to be Ahsoka as seen in Rebels, of course a new head sculpt would be needed but it can also easily be done. 


There are other VC figures that could use an upgrade, especially from VC 1.0. But these are simple ones, at least by my observation anyway. I'm an amateur, at best when it comes to how easy or hard it would be to upgrade these 5 figures. 


Thanks for reading! Also a special thanks to Chris & Nomad at BanthaSkull for allowing me to post my blog link in the comment section. Please feel free to share this post on your social media accounts so I can get more readers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing