Wondercon Reveals; Taking A Break

 Some big news this week as last Saturdays Wondercon reveals, another writer has been brought on to the James Mangold First Jedi movie, and there's a new animated anthology series coming on May 4th, the same day we learn what the new Vintage Collection HasLab will be. 



TALES OF THE EMPIRE


A 2nd season of Tales Of The Jedi had been announced, but this was a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one! Morgan Elsbeth is one of the featured characters, and we will also get an idea on the fate of Barris Offee, as she becomes an Inquisitor. It looks like we'll see how we first meet Morgan in the 2nd season of The Mandalorian, along with the elimination of the Dathomir Witches. Screenshot from Yakface. 


WONDERCON REVEALS 


Black Series Hammerhead 




This will be a deluxe priced figure, but I have to say it looks excellent! He'll come with 3 cups to share with friends: so far the only Black Series Cantina figures are Ponda Baba & Dr Evazan, who I managed to find at Ollie's pretty cheaply. He also comes with a Stormtrooper blaster, just like the Vintage Kenner version did. 

For what the preorder price is, it's a bit much. I get he's a larger than normal figure, bit he has some cross line appeal. I've read comments from several VC collectors they'll get this simply because they think it will entice Hasbro to make him for the VC. While I am largely done collecting Black Series figures, if I find this at clearance, it's an instabuy. 

VINTAGE COLLECTION REVEALS 




And 2024 is not only the 10th anniversary of Star Wars Rebels, but also the year we finally get the entire Ghost Crew (one way or another) in the VC! I am disappointed that Zeb is a deluxe figure since he'll be a carded figure with The Ghost. On the plus side, Hasbro can do a variant with him in his pilot uniform from the Mandalorian S3. 

Ezra is a smaller version of the Black Series Lothal Ezra, and is a realistic interpretation of Ezra, unlike the HasLab version which is based off the animated look. I'm glad we get this look for Ezra, as I find his appearance in the 1st 2 seasons of Rebels to be a bit too child like. Ezra comes with his green bladed lightsaber and blaster. While he is on an Ahsoka card, like Hera and Sabine (deluxe) were. 

Kanan is the standout figure for me. Based off of his appearance in the 1st 2 seasons of Rebels, and representing his animated look, this is a fine addition to the VC! I'm okay with animated figures in realistic style (Mandalore Ahsoka and Mandalore Maul are excellent interpretations of this style). Now for those asking, Kanan's lightsaber doesn't break down like it did on the show. I have the Black Series version, which I believe can but I don't really want to attempt that. It's easy to say these 3 figures are among my most anticipated VC figures this year, aside from ANH Leia and Vader. 


NO POST NEXT WEEK

My 9-5 has been more of a 7-5 this past week, so it left little time to do photos. I now have the Phase I Clonetrooper, Jango Fett and Count Dooku, and while it's early in the year, Dooku may be the best VC figure of 2024. But next week is not only another busy week, but next weekend is The Masters, and I enjoy watching the Golf Major Events (Masters, British Open, US Open, PGA Championship). and honestly I do need a blog break. My hope is in a couple weeks to have a VC review and possibly a Black Series review ready as well. I have Darth Malgus's review written, it's just getting the photos done. So as I take time to unwind a bit next week, that's why I won't post. 

Also, I'm finally registered on Archive Of Our Own, which hosts Star Wars fan fictions. I'll post my fan fiction stories there, and may post my first short stories there either this week or the next. I've already done them here, just search on the magnifying glass icon and you can find them. 

If no figure review I'll have a post regarding my unpopular Star Wars opinions, and even my unpopular collecting opinions. But either way, I will have a post in 2 weeks. My next planned breaks are Mother's and Father's Day, and July 7th which should be James Bond Day (07/07 or 007 Day). 

Thanks for reading! Please post this link on your social media accounts so I can get more readers. Figure screenshots were taken from BanthaSkull. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing