VC Phase II Clonetrooper (Andor) Review

 My 325th Blog Post! 





I will admit to being lazy lately. Yes, I have been doing a lot of Clones lately. Boba Fett, Hunter and now the Phase II Clonetrooper. It's a slow time for the Vintage Collection, and in this current slow time, I may as well review what I can. So is this the best Clonetrooper figure? Yes, however there are a couple things that need some improvement. And also there are Phase I Clonetroopers coming in 2024. The Phase II Clonetroopers were the clones you saw in Revenge of the Sith, and in the Andor flashbacks (which is where this figure is from), while the Phase I Clonetroopers were seen in Attack of the Clones, both phases were in the Clone Wars series.

The Phase II Clonetrooper sports the typical 17 POA that most of the current Vintage Collection figures have. The new barbell hips give this figure a better range of articulation than the Imperial Stormtrooper figure. No joints are tight, and move quite well. He can achieve a lot of action poses, some of which I show in the pictures. The sculpting is well done  and this is a huge improvement over the previous Clonetroopers and ARC Troopers that used the VC 45 sculpt. That sculpt looked too skinny or more closely resembled the animated look. This figure looks more realistic, although it looks more like the troops from Andor than ROTS, so technically this figure better represents what was seen in live action.








The accessories are what really make this figure. While he comes with his standard blaster and long rifle, he comes with the dreaded removable helmet. However, this helmet appears to be better scaled to the figure. While it's obvious the helmet is removable, it doesn't appear too large on the head. Not like Axe Woves and the upcoming Sabine Wren ones do. But the helmet has a problem. The eye portion is too thin, while the much older Saga version has it better, in my opinion. However if you inspect the Black Series Phase II Clonetrooper you notice the same thing (pictures below).






Even though this is based off Andor, it interacts beautifully with Clone Wars animated and Clone Wars realistic VC versions. Below I have pictures of the clones with animated Obi-Wan and Mandalore Ahsoka and they look good. If I didn't have my Prequel era figures in storage I would have been able to show off how they interact with the previously released ARC Troopers.






Needless to say this is an essential figure, if you're a Clone Wars fan, you need these for any display. While again, this is sourced to Andor it can fit into any Prequel era display. And if you want the Phase I Clonetrooper you shouldn't be waiting too long, it's coming soon!

Saga Clonetrooper image and Black Series Clonetrooper image are from Galactic Figures, all other photos are mine. Thanks for reading! Please copy this link and share on your social media accounts so I can get more readers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing