VC Kenner Colors Boba Fett (Target Exclusive)

 





With Target getting several Boba Fett exclusives from the old Marvel and Dark Horse comics, I had hoped to find these in stores as Target had actually been able to get their retail exclusives on racks. You just can never preorder on their site as they sell out. There were 3 Boba's: the classic Marvel colors from ESB, the Dark Horse colors from Twin Engines of Destruction when Boba takes on Jodo Kast, a bounty hunter who uses Mandalorian armor and Boba's name to make credits, and the Kenner color version of Boba Fett on a Star Wars card, which was the one I wanted. So one day at Target, I got lucky and found a couple, as they had 6 Kenner color Boba's on the rack.


This is a re-use of the VC 186. It isn't hard to move him into action style poses. He has the standard 17 POA as the other recent Boba's and that has become the new standard articulation points for the VC. The only tricky thing is getting him to hold his blaster rifle, but once you figure out a way to fit it in his hand it becomes easy to do. His only other accessory is a removable jetpack. Again, not much of a change from the original buck.







The paint apps are very well done, no smears or smudges. Another amazing aspect of this figure is its balance, even with the jetpack on. For most standing shots I need to lean my figures against the wall of my display. Not with these Boba's! Well, except for my original Kenner one (which I added some paint to). So if you want to display him loose, you won't need a stand at all.







Now is he essential to your collection, no. However if you liked the Kenner colors, and the Kenner Star Wars card, then you should get this if you can find it. But if you can't, it isn't the end of the world. You could find a fan made custom card for about what you'd pay for this on eBay. For me, it was the nostalgic experience, I loved the Kenner colors, and wouldn't object to more figures being done this way for the Vintage Collection but it shouldn't have an added $5 to the price of a basic figure.

All pictures were taken by me. Thanks for reading! Please share this post on your social media by copying the link and making a post so I can gain more readers, thanks! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing