What I Think We Will & Wont See In The Ahsoka Series


 

Let's just get this out of the way, Disney has high expectations for the upcoming Ahsoka series. While Andor had largely positive reviews, hard core Star Wars fans had a more mixed view. Some liked it, some didn't. The only top selling action figure is the Phase II Clonetrooper. But I'm not talking toys. The Obi-Wan series and season 3 of The Mandalorian, as well as Book of Boba Fett had some good moments but flopped. Hard. Now with Ahsoka, the team that created the Mandalorian (and approved the stories for Season 3) they are the best Disney has right now. Fan opinions vary, of course. But there is no doubt all of Disney's chips are laid out on the table now. If Ahsoka isn't a hit, the future of Star Wars looks bleak.

The anticipation level is as high as it was in 2015 for Episode 7. That's safe to say. Ahsoka Tano is a fan favorite character, and since Star Wars Rebels is still a popular series among fans, including this writer, finally seeing Hera, Sabine, Chopper and Ezra (so far in hologram form) has fans excited. With Grand Admiral Thrawn, one of the most popular characters from Legends making his 1st ever live action appearance, which is a moment I've waited for since June of 1991...well like I said: expectations are HIGH! But there are things I do hope to see, and then there are things we most definitely will not see. Keep in mind, I'm basing this on pure speculation, so please read on!

WHAT WE WILL SEE

1. Disney's most popular characters. I mentioned them above, but won't be surprised if Din Djarin, Bo Katan-Kryze, Grogu and Boba Fett show up at some point. The one character Disney detractors do have love for is Ahsoka, and admittedly not all but a high percentage do like her a lot.

2. New villains. Baylan Skoll (Ray Stevenson' final role) and his apprentice Shin Hati are possibly dark Jedi, or mercenaries as it's being reported. There is someone new wearing an Inquisitor outfit and using one of their lightsabers. So it looks like Thrawn has his own Force users, and of course there's also Morgan Elsbeth making her return to Ahsoka's life after their duel on Corvus in Chapter 13 of The Mandalorian.

3. Nostalgia points. We'll see The Ghost but no doubt X-Wing's, Y-Wing's, various Rebel fighters, and cruisers. The Imperial TIE Fighter and Interceptors will no doubt see action, along with Inperial Class Star Destroyers, including Thrawn's flagship the Chimera which will had to have its bridge repaired. I guess we'll learn how that happens in the show, provided that particular ship shows up.

4. Disney characters taking Legacy characters roles in "Heir to the Empire'. If we do see Luke, Han, Leia, Lando and Chewbacca they'll no doubt be supporting characters, if they appear at all. Remember, Disney wants their characters to be the ones that can not only be marketed but take over the main story. My guess is Ahsoka will be Leia, Sabine will be Han, Ezra Luke and Shin Hati will have Mara Jade's role. As far as C'baoth, I think it will be an insane Clone of Moff Gideon who happens to have Force abilities.

5. Remember, all roads lead to the Disney Trilogy. Disney has a LOT of money invested in their Trilogy as well as the upcoming Rey Skywalker movie, or movies. While I've given explanations on how they could actually be good, I think those movies are DOA at the box office. But, whatever happens in Ahsoka, remember the opening sentence of this point.

WHAT WE DEFINITELY WILL NOT SEE

1. More Legends characters jumping into Disney Canon. At least not directly. While I absolutely DO NOT WANT MARA JADE IN ANYTHING DISNEY, I think we'll get Easter eggs about characters like Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn and maybe a live action Dash Rendar (who's already established in Disney, somewhat).

2. The Star Wars Multiverse. While I would personally love this: remember point 5 from above. Personally I'm using this as the basis for my own Star Wars AU fan fiction I'm writing. My own AU has Ezra rescuing Sabine as where the "break" in reality happens, causing changes that undo the Disney Trilogy. Again, I'd love for the Ahsoka series to ACTUALLY do this, but I doubt it. I know we are rumored to get young Ahsoka at Mustafar with Obi-Wan and Anakin/Vader, but my guess is that's some sort of dream sequence. But then I said the same thing about Vader in Obi-Wan but that was no dream.

3. Ezra Bridger and Thrawn. Sure, we'll see Ezra in holograms and maybe a flashback sequence or two. But if they find him early on....then what?! Same with Thrawn. He needs to be the one pulling strings behind the scenes and getting the Imperial Remnant faction loyal to him ready to move. My guess is they both show up in the last 2 episodes, if they show up at all. Thrawn will probably have more screen time, with Ezra maybe showing up in the final scene of the season.

4. Romance. Maybe with Sabine and Ezra. Maybe someone from Ahsoka's past (Lux Bontieri) may show up. But one thing Disney hasn't done much has been romance. Andor broke the trend, maybe Ahsoka will follow Andor's example. But I doubt it.



So that wraps up this post. Do you think I'm completely correct or 100% incorrect? Either way, thanks for reading this post and please share this link on your social media so I can gain more readers. Also please feel free to leave a comment below! I took the picture of the Ahsoka figure because I felt this needed a visual, for reference sake. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing