VC Dark Trooper First Look

 On a hunch, I made a Target run for some dish soap and some tub cleaner. Then I dropped by the toy aisle and found something I didn't expect to see. Now later on I plan on doing a full review (and get another one, hopefully) but there was only 1 left: 



This will not be an in depth review but just some initial thoughts as I opened this just under an hour ago. The figure is in the closed deluxe packaging and is a deluxe figure (thankfully I had a $10 coupon for my total purchase so what better way to use it then on needed house supplies and this!). I didn't care for keeping the box so I ripped it open and found the figure was securely packed, as were the accessories in a taped paper bag, and not the thin wax paper as with the Throne Room Boba Fett and the other deluxe figures I've reviewed. 

The figure's joints aren't too tight, so movement is quite easy. His blaster fits on a hole on his right leg, something not seen on VC figure since the First Order Stormtrooper was repacked in the 1st wave of TVC 2.0 in Spring of 2018. Posing the figure is easy to do. He has a good range of motion on all joints, and my guess is this figure is as tall or slightly taller than the Dark Times Darth Vader VC figure. 

Now, if he came with just a blaster this would have, and should have been a standard card. But as you can see from the photo I found on eBay (photo credit pop_o_loco seller store on eBay) he comes with a charging station, that was surprisingly easy to put together. I'm not an expert at assembly but it took me less time to put this together than my E-Web Cannon Stormtrooper. In 2 minutes I had the cables plugged in and the walls up. He fits well inside although I need to study where the cables should be on his body. His hands are swappable and he has 2 fists so he can punch Din Djarin. He also comes with 2 flame effects that I haven't tried placing on his feet but he has holes on his heels and at mid foot on both feet. My guess is they can fit in both, I'll know when I do my full review. But so far, so good! Just need another one to have a hallway scene with not only Din Djarin but when they get mowed down by Luke Skywalker! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing