VC Stndard Release & Deluxe Ahsoka Tano (Corvus)

 My 1st VC review of 2023! Now, Ahsoka Tano is my 2nd favorite character behind Luke Skywalker, and I enjoyed seeing her character developed through Clone Wars, Rebels and The Mandalorian. The latter is what version of Ahsoka I am covering here, both her standard release and her deluxe release. Now I had intended to do this review MUCH earlier but the retail outlet that had the deluxe figure as an exclusive (Wal-Mart) sent me delay notice after delay notice only to cancel it outright. Thanks to Entertainment Earth, I was able to get the Deluxe Ahsoka but also the Cloud City Guards (decent figures actually) and the ROTJ Imperial Gunner (which looks like I got a defective one).  Sadly, my Deluxe Ahsoka didn't arrive without a problem, but I'm not too worried about it. Why? Read on to find out why if you only get 1 VC Ahsoka figure, make sure it's this one!!




Both the standard and deluxe Ahsoka's sport the same 17 POA as they are the same figure. Like the Morak Boba Fett, she has the baggy pants, but surprisingly the knee can swivel left to right. She has the new true ball jointed hips so achieving action poses as you can see in the photos is quite easy. You can even do a head swap with VC Mandalore Clone Wars Ahsoka! Her head is the barbell joint but it easily fits in both figures. Which I will do as my deluxe Ahsoka has a very loose left leg which is a disappointment. Ahsoka is also properly scaled, she's slightly shorter than even the recently repacked Clonetroopers, and just a smidgen smaller than Jedi Luke (photo below).  If I have one gripe, you do need a stand to display her off card as she does have some balance issues.


 






The deluxe Ahsoka comes with a lantern, Morai (the Convor bird that followed Ahsoka after her trip to Mortis), Grogu, and 2 floating objects on stands. The deluxe figure also comes with a cloak that is a perfect fit, although my cloak is badly wrinkled for some reason (will iron it later). Both the standard and deluxe figures come with Ahsoka's (white, but clear) lightsaber and shoto. There are no unlit hilts.






 
The head sculpt really stands out the most. It actually looks like Rosario Dawson! Some fans think her lekku (head tails) should be longer, but this is accurate to how Ahsoka looked in both The Mandalorian and The Book Of Boba Fett. While early leaked images show Ahsoka with longer lekku in the Ahsoka series. And for those that say her head tails aren't lekku but montrails, her horns on top of her head are montrails so take THAT KNOW IT ALL FANBOYS!!!! Ahem.


If you read my year end blog post, this figure was at the top of my best of 2022 VC figures. Seeing this pictures, I hope you see why, and now to end the review, a photo of a scene we all want to see: Ahsoka reunited with Anakin Skywalker's Force Ghost. I also include a variation of Ahsoka meeting Anakin's Force Ghost from my fan fiction. Only have the Snoke Playset and not an Endor display! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the post and the photos!

 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing