Most Wanted VC & Legacy Collection Repacks

 Repacks are a way of life for Star Wars collectors. Black Series, VC, heck I wouldn't be surprised if Mission Fleet soon gets repacks (repack Mando Luke for ROTJ, without the cloak...back to the topic!). Instead of going through old VC figures that are super expensive on the secondary market, I will include some Legacy Collection figures that would make great additions to the VC, and some slight changes that could make a repack become an all new figure. Hasbro has said they still have molds from Legacy Collection figures, so no excuses, these COULD all get made! I have 10 figures on this list and will countdown from 10 down to my top choice. There are some other figures I wouldn't mind seeing but these figures should all be mainline releases, but I'll do a list on fan channel repacks later. So without further delay, here we go!



10. Malakili, Rancor Keeper. This LC era figure would knock off an Original 96 checklist and really isn't a figure that needs to be improved upon, in my opinion. Plus he's a fat guy! It would help if they repacked the 1997 Rancor to go with it. I doubt they'd sculpt a new one (but I hope they do!!).






9. Zuckuss. One of the main Bounty Hunters from ESB is one that hasn't (?) been in the VC. It's a shock, but even after 15 years the figure's sculpt still holds up well, but a slight repaint would be needed. Plus he's an Original 96 check list figure. There's a new version of 4-LOM at Disney Parks so an update for Z is needed!




8. C-3PO (Attack of the Clones). Available as a 2 pack in a Target LC exclusive wave, this is a figure that could be repainted to be a definitive ANH version of Threepio as it is an incredible figure. The current VC Threepio is one of my biggest disappointments.




7. Dr Evazan. A VC figure that is perfect as is. His appearance in Rogue One could even inspire him to be on a Rogue One card, but I and many collectors would prefer him on a Star Wars card. Which of course leads to my next figure.




6. Ponda Baba. This VC/3.75 Black Series figure is one of the coolest due to his accessories! His Black Series figure was VERY hard to find, but he looks great on a Star Wars card. Or a Rogue One card.




5. Shaak Ti. This LC Target 2 pack exclusive figure is one of my Holy Grails. If Hasbro released this figure for the 20th Anniversary of the Clone Wars Micro Series I would be happy, and so would a lot of collectors! The prices on eBay for this figure are ridiculous!!




4. Ughnaught (Carbon Freezing Chamber). It is an absolute travesty that Hasbro didn't pack this figure into the Carbon Chamber Playset. The other version should also be released as well. These LC era figures go for big bucks. You kinda need these guys!!




3. Endor Rebel Soldier. I have a feeling this VC figure and his variant will come out in 2023. With the Endor Bunker, you need a couple of these guys! A Troop builder pack is also likely, but getting these single carded figures out again would be great.




2. Rey Skywalker. I expect to take a LOT of heat here, but IDGAF. Hate on the name all you want, it happened. The Episode 9 Rey is an incredible figure, but I don't like the card. I don't mind this image for the card. And if they also wanted to touch up the head sculpt, again, I wouldn't mind.




1. Concept Anakin Skywalker. Another LC Holy Grail! A photo real head sculpt would be needed, and could inspire some more concept figures to get put on VC cards (like the McQuarrie concept figures). The best part is this Anakin could possibly be used to make a Ben Solo (maybe but it would be a stretch) but it definitely could be used to make a Darth Caedus to smack around your Kylo Ren figure. Regardless, this is one of the hardest LC era figures to find, and in some ways I wished they had chosen to let Anakin appear in this outfit onscreen for ROTS. 



Comments

  1. All images from Galactic Figures, except for the Rey image which I got from an online search.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing