Retro Kenobi Wave Information

When the Star Wars Retro figures hit and then vanished from Target, I had hoped to get some Stormtroopers but missed out. When the Empire Strikes Back wave hit Wally World I got lucky in getting Yoda and Boba Fett (both still on card). Nice to have, but with modern Boba Fett and Yoda figures in the VC those Kenner ones are still neat to have.

But a trip to a small town Wally World I found Retro gold when the 1st Mandalorian Retro wave hit stores. I found the entire 1st wave! So I bought them (they are cheaper than VC figures and still below the ReAction Super7 figures). I had to admit I was impressed! If this show had come out in 1984 they certainly could have looked like this, although Mando and Gideon would have likely come with cloth capes instead of the vinyl capes they did. Beskar Mando will have a cloth cape, and that 2nd series is in stores and will soon ship preorders. The Return of the Jedi wave is coming in 2023, I have done a post about who could possibly be in it already. But we are getting Kenobi figures next! Reva has already been shown but on the back of the box we have:

Darth Vader
Grand Inquisitor
Fifth Brother
Obi-Wan Kenobi
NED-8

Vader and Kenobi are 2 per case, the rest are 1 per case according to pre-order sites. So needless to say, finding that Mando wave restored my love of the Kenner figures, digging them out of storage and mixing them up with the modern ones.

But in case you were wondering why I'm doing Kenner era reviews, it's because I found that Retro Mando wave and found out I still like the old Kenner stuff. This may be the most exciting overall Retro wave thanks to having Obi-Wan, Vader, and 3 Inquisitors! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing