Random Star Wars Thoughts June 20th Thru June 26th

 Well another week has passed and the big topic is toxic fans. Now I enjoy Star Wars Theory's YouTube Channel. It's neat to see someone take his love of Star Wars (among other properties he likes) and can make a living doing that. I admit I'm jealous, but I'm not as creative as he is. Plus my tech skills, well ain't that good. Check out his Vader fan made video, talk about epic! Anyway, he caught heat from some fans and finally clapped back at them. SWT correctly pointed out that the ones who call other fans toxic are themselves the toxic ones. Well, they blew a gasket over that and gave him grief. But they proved him right. Props to SWT for not backing down to a rage mob. And as far as toxic fans go, take a cue from this guy named Brock. I lifted his quote:


"I'm glad you liked it. I didn't like it."

We could all learn from Brock.

No comic run this week due to work so I'll wait until next week. Crimson Reign issue 5 came out. I am not a fan of the long crossover but my comic store is a small, local business so they get my money. When I have it. Also no new books, waiting on the Luke/Lando novel to hit paperback. Same with the Obi-Wan/Anakin Disney Canon novel. I'm considering reading one of the many Legends novels I have but we have an oppressive heat wave down here and well, I'm in a lazy mood.

Last week Black Series had the most new product reveals but the VC got a brand new Darth Vader figure for Kenobi, while the Black Series Kenobi Vader is a repack of the ESB version. This week the Black Series got a deluxe figure from Kenobi. Calculon! Sorry, NED-B. He looks like Calculon. Anyway he is up for preorder. The VC gets a Kenobi 3 pack, with Obi-Wan in his blue shirt he wore in the 1st episode while at Tibidon Station. There is also a Jawa, and a Purge Trooper. This 3 pack is an Amazon exclusive and will ship in March of 2023. So spend about $40 for 1 6 inch figure or $51 for 3 1:18 (3.75 inch) figures. If you want to that is.

No I haven't seen Kenobi yet but it has wrapped up and I know about the "Hello there!" He tells Luke upon first meeting him. So you probably have seen that already. The memes are already out in full force. Some like it. Some don't. Which is typical of Disney Star Wars. Now, I have a Kenner ESB Review of C-3PO and R2-D2 ready but might have 1 or 2 more blog posts. As I type this it's Friday and anything can happen creatively wise before or during Sunday. Thanks for reading!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing