Random Thoughts April 25-May 1st Weekly News

 I'm bringing this segment back. Maybe I'll make it my news thread. Good idea! My blog post about plastics being eliminated from packaging is one of my most viewed blog posts ever, with a couple exceptions. BanthaSkull and Yakface have articles about it. Junkman on YouTube did a video about it. Now yes, these were probably pre-planned when I wrote the post, but as Junkman pointed out in his video, there are way more cons than the pro's (the only pro is helping the environment, if it really does that which is subjective to your personal point of view if it does or not).


How much is too much? Expect toy prices to increase again sometime in June/July. My limit for the VC is $18.99. Once it reaches that price I'm done, except if a new Han, Luke, Leia, Vader, Padme or Count Dooku or other Sith Lord gets a new action figure. If/when the VC packaging changes it ends card collecting for me, and many others which means sales will go down. The days of troop building for me are over but I have the secondary market to get the final couple figures I need. So if that First Order Stormtrooper ever gets a remake, as good as it will be I won't be able to get the 5-9 figures needed to make 2 full squads plus a squad leader. Vehicles? No way can I afford them. Prices will go up there as well as I could barely afford the last VC vehicle I bought, but got a great deal on it.

The Black Series is already at my limit at $24.99. While there are a couple more I am getting and looking forward to getting, but my only hope is buying loose figures over eBay if I want them at all. I can only hope that 2023 will have the Kenner style cardbacks, and the Luke that would have come with the HasLab Rancor and the Absolut R2-D2 (or bartender R2 if you prefer, that's my nickname for him).

So, could Vader & Obi-Wan possibly physically confront each other in Kenobi? While personally I hope not, analyzing the script leaves things seen from "a certain point of view" that it IS possible they had a post ROTS confrontation before meeting for the final time in ANH. I will do a blog post on that (possibly May 4th) before Kenobi debuts.

The long rumored Tales of the Jedi anthology series got unintentionally revealed by Disney this past week as a panel for the show was added to the Anaheim celebration event on the main website. No word on when it takes place but the logo used for the show is similar to the same logo it used back in Legends. I expect something similar to Visions which is getting another go, so more details will be revealed at Celebration.

Speaking of celebrations Wednesday is May 4th, as in May the 4th be with you, and the unofficial Star Wars day! Hasbro will have a Star Wars live stream event and you can get older games like Old Republic (the original not the one coming out later), Star Wars Racer, & Battlefront 2, just check whether you have an X-Box or Playstation and give those a shot! Yes, I will have a blog post on Wednesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing