Kenner Hoth Luke Skywalker

Before I get into the review, the Hoth Luke Skywalker is a very important figure to me. Why? Because this was the first Star Wars action figure I would own. Amazingly, I still have it. I remember where it was bought, and that place is no longer in business and that building now sadly sits empty. But, you always remember firsts in life. For me, this was it, and it started something that still goes for me to this day: collecting Star Wars toys.

Hoth Luke is the first character we see in the ESB (I don't count the probe droid since it isn't really alive). Another first, Kenner poses Luke in an almost pose, you'll notice that his right leg looks like he's leaning forward a bit. Now he still has the standard 5 POA, and surprisingly his head turns well despite the sculpted hat/head wrap. The only accessory he has is a blaster rifle which we did not see him use in the film. You'll also notice he doesn't come with a lightsaber...I'll cover that when I review Bespin Luke in the coming weeks.

The perfect accessory for Hoth Luke is the Tauntaun creature which he could ride. To fit him, the saddle opens where you can put h


is feet inside it. Also helpful when Han rescues him, as he can "fit inside" it, LOL! You can also see improvement by Kenner in the basic sculpt as Luke has a scarf that sticks out, goggles around his neck and an empty blaster holder. There is a lot of detail for a near 42 year old figure. While the improvements are barely noticeable to today's discriminating collector, it is easy to see comparing toys from the 1st movie to this one. Now, I don't recommend this figure unless you're a completist. Hoth Leia you do need since she's in that outfit for most of the movie. But still, it isn't a bad figure. This figure could also be found on a ROTJ card as Kenner continued the tradition of repacking all figures on subsequent films. Images courtesy of galacticfugures.com




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing