Kenner Hammerhead!

 If there is any cantina alien that as a child that grabbed an eternal foothold into my imagination (besides the Tonnika sisters who are long overdue on getting action figures) it is Hammerhead. He was the most unusual looking alien in the cantina, and while I easily could have added him to the Walrus Man & Greedo review, I couldn't. He's just too special to me.


Hammerhead is not in a screen accurate outfit, something that was common in the Star Wars carded Kenner era, he doesn't wear a turquoise colored tunic. Kenner would solve this nearly 20 years later in POTF2's release of Hammerhead using his name given to him by West End Games in 1987, Monaw Nadon. He has the standard 5 POA, and comes with an Imperial blaster which he holds best in his right hand. His buck, interestingly was not used on another figure (to my knowledge although they could have altered Walrus Man's buck to make him, fan theory alert! LOL!). Also, to get him to fit in the card bubble, his head had to be turned to either the right or left to get it to fit. To this date, many collectors judge this as the best Kenner head sculpt from the Vintage Era.

So why is he cool? When I first saw Star Wars, I had already seen ROTJ, but when I saw this alien, I wondered who was he? Good guy? Bad guy? Rebel? Mercenary? Jabba's enforcer? West End Games answers that, he was a Rebel sympathizer who committed a crime against his home planet and was banished. I did not have this figure, another reason why he's a mystery, so yes, he's one I would love to own even though the POTF2 version is the best onscreen look. But there is nothing like having this to interact with the Retro Boba Fett from The Mandalorian coming later this year!

https://www.galacticfigures.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=1941

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing