5. Rey (Episode 9)

Rey. No, just Rey.

I won't bash the character, that's been done to death and I won't add to it. But this action figure is incredible, and shows just how the Vintage Collection should be treated. Great sculpt, paint apps, and accessories!

Rey has 17 POA, and comes with a cargo bag, her staff, blaster and lightsaber. Normally VC figures get 1 or 2 accessories tops. They went all out for Rey, and I'm glad they did. One nitpick I have about Hasbro's newer lightsabers is they have eliminated the "flame" effect off the hilt. They did this with the 5 POA line, but it just feels off to me. Anyway, she can hold most of Anakin's old lightsabers pretty well, although for Episode 9 she made the hilt shorter after it exploded in the previous movie. Her blaster fits in the holster and rarely comes out if you store her loose. She can do a 2 handed weapon grip on her staff and any old Anakin lightsaber.

The best part of this action figure are the paint apps and facial sculpt. The paint is clean, no smears or smudges, not even on the eyes which has been a problem over the years. Now the face sculpt, just one word is needed: amazing! The last VC Rey was the Island Journey Rey which from the neck down was excellent. It just didn't look like Rey at all. If you want to upgrade that figure doing a head swap is simple as the barbell joint fits in the neck. Easy custom. I can't go on enough about the head sculpt, it looks exactly like Daisy Ridley!!

So why 5th? One nitpick. Her right leg is limited by the holster. If it wasn't attached to her leg it wouldn't be an issue. Had that been fixed, Rey would be in the top 3. But coming in 5th on my list isn't anything to be ashamed of. Hopefully one day they make her with her yellow bladed lightsaber, with the Rey Skywalker name pill. While I don't judge the figures based on the cards, I wish a film still had been used and not digital production art. Still, it's a figure whose seen a HUGE jump on the secondary market. Demand for her is out there, and yes, I'm not ashamed to admit she is one of my favorite action figures.


https://www.jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=22590

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing