VC Grand Inquisitor Review

 





While this character first appeared in the animated Star Wars Rebels series, the Grand Inquisitor made his live action debut in the Obi-Wan series, and both the Black Series and Vintage Collection made his first super articulated figures for those lines. There was an animated style figure done for the 5 POA line, and for the Retro line as well, but they aren't worth mentioning here. And with the HasLab Ghost fully funded, you need a figure to chase Ezra and Kanan around. So how does this figure stand out, and where does it fail? Read on to find out!


The GI sports the same, standard 17 POA most Vintage Collection figures have. He has the new barbell hip joints, but the leg armor hinders some of that movement for posing purposes, but the thigh swivels can be easily moved to achieve some of the poses you can see below. The paint apps and sculpting are excellent, especially on the head as it does resemble the live action actor quite well. The cape doesn't hinder any head movement, and the arms easily move. Again, the figure is well done, and is a fully tooled new figure.







The accessories though, well, it's a problem for me. Not the unlit O-Ring hilt, though. That easily attached to the back of the figure. Unlike the Black Series figure where you have to pull out the blades to attach the unlit hilt. But the Black Series figure cannot hold his hilt quite well. Sadly, I had trouble getting my VC figure to hold his lit lightsaber well. The hands are a bit too gummy, so getting him to hold it is a pain in the @$$. This is my only complaint, but he looks good next to Reva, and Vader in the photos below.







The biggest fan criticism came because the GI didn't look like he did in the animated series. But it's hard to find a tall, rail thin person with a thin head to play this part, and I thought the live action actor did a good job portraying him. However, for the upcoming Ghost Crew, he could chase down them, even if he only appeared in the first season, and the figures are from the third and fourth seasons.

Now, is he essential? For an OT collector, no. Possibly as a PT collector who wants some post Order 66 displays he's essential. And for the Ghost Crew, it wouldn't hurt to have a villain besides Thrawn after them. Besides, I see some custom potential with this figure, like I did for Reva. Hopefully Hasbro soon delivers the Fifth Brother and Seventh Sister to the VC. The Grand Inquisitor is also in the same wave as the BOBF Luke Skywalker and I cannot remember a wave that gave us a dark side user and a light side user in the same wave, making this my favorite VC wave so far! But he's a good figure, and he should be purchased as often as financially possible!

Thanks for reading! Please share this link on your social media accounts so I can get more readers!

Writer's Note: I'm not proud of my photos, as shooting them were extremely difficult given the light source reflecting in the pictures, as I don't use the flash. But please take my word when I say this is a well detailed figure! I reluctantly decided to re-shoot pictures this morning as I wasn't happy with the ones I had taken earlier...and this was the best I could manage as a very amateur photographer. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing