Chopper Disney Store Exclusive Review

 



With the HasLab Ghost backed at over 8,000 plus at the time of this writing, Hera Syndulla will be coming soon. But there is one noticeable absence from the HasLab tiers, and that is Chopper! Now, Hasbro made a 3 POA Chopper that had no middle wheel, but around 2017 Disney Store changed that by making a fully articulated 1:18 scale Chopper! I found this on eBay before the prices got ridiculously high. So let me show you why this is the one you need (and hopefully will soon come on a Kenner style card). If you backed the HasLab, you need Chopper!!


Chopper has 12 articulation points: a swivel dome, movable antenna, 2 swivel legs, 2 swivel ankles, 2 arms that swivel and bend at the elbows and wrists. He has more articulation than any astromech droid Hasbro has ever made in the 1:18 scale! His arms sadly can't fold inside his dome when not in use (but you can remove them if you like, I don't but you do you!), and he has a arm that can extend out his chest to be a data link so he can access the Ghost's navcomputer or an Imperial installation's main computer. In one of my pictures I managed to show that Chopper can hold small items in his hands, although for the blaster I came close to breaking one of them so I won't recommend trying to put one in there. There are no issues with any joint movement and he has great balance! He has wheels on the bottom of his feet and can easily move over any surface.





Chopper comes with a few accessories. His main one is a middle third wheel that fits perfectly in a slot beneath his "chest". There's also a nozzle that really needed a flame effect attached so he can "fly". His bonus is the droid leg he stole in an episode of Rebels. I have yet to attempt putting that leg on as I don't want to break the figure, so I just store it in a plastic baggie if I need it. As you can see, he is smaller than R2-D2, so he is a short droid, but if you've seen Rebels you know he has a big personality!










Chopper is DEFINITELY essential for your collection! Especially if you've already backed The HasLab Ghost! If you want to get him, he's pricey now. A carded version runs anywhere from $75-$150, and I expect his value to rise until Hasbro puts him into the Vintage Collection, and I hope that will come soon. While Chopper is based from Rebels, this figure more closely resembles the live action version seen in Rogue One, and in the Rebels Recon shorts that aired with Star Wars Rebels episodes (worth watching for behind the scenes look at the show, animation, music, etc).





Thanks for reading! Please share this link on your social media so I can gain more readers!

I took all the pictures for this review. Figure sources are the 5 POA Rebels figures, Episode 8 R2-D2 and the droid I used as AP-5 is the one that came with the comic pack Boba Fett. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My SWTVC March Madness Top 25

The Choice

2024 Last Figure Standing